How the Hub Works
Our Hub is a special place for Worldschoolers to meet and gather in Andalucia, allowing them to exhale with like minded families and to enjoy the wonders of the local culture in true Worldschooling style while they are visiting and staying in the region.
Here is some information to help you understand how the Hub works and how you can be part of it.
Here is the best way to use the Hub:
- Read about the Hub on the website in full. You will learn about why and how the Hub exists, see an array of classes, workshops, activities, adventure trips, and special events. You will also see lots of resources, a monthly calendar, store, FAQ and more. www.worldschoolhubandalucia.com
- Join the Facebook page and get involved – https://www.facebook.com/groups/328380494284204/ You will need to answer the questions in full (so we can check WSHA is the right fit for you) and share you email address (so we can send you one newsletter per month to keep you informed) and you will then be accepted to the page.
- Once on the Facebook page, read from START HERE at the top of the page where you will find out how to navigate the page, find answers to your questions, and use it to help you get acquainted with the Hub, the community and Andalucia.
- Check out the FAQ page on the website to see if your questions can be answered there: https://www.worldschoolhubandalucia.com/faq
- If you would like to join one of the Weekly Meet Ups, you can read a little about it here: https://www.worldschoolhubandalucia.com/events/beach-meet-up/ Additionally, the Facebook page will have more information about when and where meet ups are. You do NOT need membership to attend a meet up but you DO have to be a worldschooler (or the guest of a worldschooler with permission to attend).
- If you would like to come visit the Hub and join in any of the activities and/or have a resource and support network in the area while you are here, you will need Membership. Our modest Membership fee gives you access to our Hub community, connection through the WhatsApp groups to all the members, access to all classes, workshops, activities and adventure trips and superb support from all of us, as well as focused attention to your specific needs for information to help you get settled and to enjoy the Hub to the max. You can pay for a 2 week membership, a 6 month membership or a year-long one. You can read all about it by clicking this link: https://www.worldschoolhubandalucia.com/membership/
- Once you have joined, we will do our best to contact you within 48 hours to confirm your payment and to see how we can help you. You will be sent Guidelines for how the Facebook page, WhatsApp groups and the Hub in general are conducted. Once you have agreed to these Guidelines you will be added to the main member’s WhatsApp group and the WhatsApp groups for specific age ranges for age-related meet up possibilities. These groups are specifically to keep our world schooling families in closer contact, to share important local information, to provide community support and to help facilitate additional meet ups and activities to those offered by the Hub. There is so much going on at the Hub that these groups are essential for ensuring you do not miss out on any unscheduled activities and gatherings.
- Once you have membership confirmed, you can go to whichever activities and classes, events and adventure trips that you would like to sign up for for you or your kids and learn more about them. We recommend signing up as soon as possible to ensure you get a space, even if you are not already at the Hub. On each page is a description and information about each and the cost. Using our online system you simply add your information and click to book. Some take payment online via Stripe or PayPal (you do not need to have an account for either but can use your credit cards to safely process payments) and others are to be paid on arrival at the activity, unless it is free. After payment is made, booking and payment confirmation will be automatically sent. Please check your spam folders for any emails that might go astray.
- And then….Join us! Come to our Tuesday Meet Up to start meeting other Worldschooling families and enjoy!